Work & travel in the USA
Application procedure is very simple:
- Send application form.
- When applicant is accepted you will receive invoice.
- Make a payment according invoice.
- Applicant will be placed with host company. You will receive full information about the host company.
- Applicant may contact the host company and ask any questions they may have.
- You will receive DS-2019 form and all required paperwork to apply for J-1 visa.
- Applicant gets visa and starts program.
Usually it takes a few weeks to place the applicants (depends on the background of the applicant and availability of the host companies). Age of the participant – 18-26 (must be a student at University or any other higher educational institution).
Here is a short description of the program.
Spend your university holidays working in the United States! Participants are placed in locations throughout the United States in Amusement Parks, Resorts, Tourist Destinations, Ski resorts, and more.
Work & Travel USA Program
Work & Travel USA provides international university students the chance to work at entry-level, seasonal jobs in the United States for up to 4 months on a J-1 Visa. Participants are entitled to work, earn money and travel at the end of the work assignment. By working at a summer or winter job, you’ll have the chance to experience the U.S. as more than just a tourist and to share your own traditions and cultures with U.S. citizens and other participating students from around the world.
- J-1 visa documentation
- 4 months of insurance
- Complete orientation
- Program administration and supervision
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Visa application fees at the U.S. Consulate/Embassy
- SEVIS fee
- Round trip airfare to the U.S.
- Airport transfers
- Transportation expenses
- Any daily living expenses including rent, utilities, furnishings, meals etc.
- Any expenses at the place of employment
Program Duration Dates
You can enroll in the program during the period that coincides with your official summer holiday in your home country.
WINTER — November — April
SPRING — March — May
Types of J1 Visa Jobs
Paid positions are available in: amusement parks, food and beverage retail concessions, retail stores/shops in tourist towns, hotels, ski resorts, national parks and many others.
Types of jobs include but are not limited to:
Ski Lift operator, Hotel desk clerks, Lifeguards, Park services, Cooks, Dining room attendants, Game attendants, Fast food workers, Housekeeping, Kitchen Help, Ride Operators, Retail Staff, Dishwashing, Counter Staff, Wait Staff, Maintenance, etc.
Positions are available throughout the USA, mainly in big resort areas.
Work & Travel USA participants must be:
- 18 to 28 years old
- At least an intermediate level of English
- Full-time university student at an institution in your native country (not in final year of studies — proof required)
- Flexible, open-minded and hardworking
What You Get
- Guaranteed work placement secured prior to arrival.
- Hourly wage of at least $7 an hour.
- Paperwork coordination: J-1 Visa documentation.
- Health/Travel insurance
- Pre-departure orientation in your country
- Housing assistance
- 24 hours a day/7 days a week personal support
- An emergency assistance telephone number
- A month to travel in the USA after completion of your job
- Access to tax refund services that will assist you in filing your taxes and help you in reclaiming any portion of the taxes paid in the U.S. that is due to you.